Wednesday, September 21, 2011

birds and bees




Nothing much new to report.  Elbow deep in canaries and still feeling like it might be an impossible task.  I've planned a "bird bee" for some help this weekend with the tracing and cutting.  This event will be similar to a quilting bee, when quilters get together and help one another quilt together the already completed top, bottom, and binding pieces.  Bees also function as a social gathering, so I'm planning to also have a screening of Hitchcock's The Birds.  


The idea of a bird bee and asking for help from friends was planted in my head by Kathryn and took me a few weeks to decide whether or not I was ok with relinquishing some of the work.  As we get deeper into the semester and closer to my deadline, I had to concede and ask for help.  And after much encouragement to plan the event, I'm starting to think about the community aspect of bees to a similar one that develops in tight knit industrial communities.  




Knowing I'll be going home for a long weekend next week is the one thought that has been sustaining me these past few days.  Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment