Tuesday, September 27, 2011

bird bee

In my last post I mentioned the bird bee I was planning for the weekend and happily it came to fruition.  We set to work about 4 Sunday afternoon and in a little under four hours we managed to get through seven (!!!) yards of fabric...and that time span included a pizza and beverage break.  

For me, and I hope my birding colleagues agree, the hours and yards flew by.  After putting on a bee of my own, I now understand why they are planned.  Getting through the tedious, painstaking work is much easier and pleasant when you are in good company talking about art, goings-on in life, singing along to music, and cracking wise (Jose was on a roll with jokes that evening).  

After going through all results of the bee the grand totals are:
78 complete birds +
31 bodies
18 bellies 
and just a handful of desperate pieces without mates.  


A BIG thank you to my dear friends for the help and good company.  I hope your hands aren't too achy today.  bird bee: redux is in the works.

Dan got kicked out of the table and was relegated to the pizza box.


Notice that bad-ass sign Dan whipped up in a jiffy and Jose's pro style cutting glove.

....I don't have words for this one.

The bird crew.  Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment