Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quiet days

As the title suggests, aside from the tremendously loud chirping crickets that have infiltrated the studio at night, all is fairly quiet. This certainly isn't a complaint, rather, it is nice to have a quieter space than usual to be thinking and working in. Most of the occupants of other studios are flung about the country, they'll be trickling back over the next couple weeks for the impending fall semester. Up until the first days of August I felt as though summer was still flush with possibilities: keeping a somewhat leisurely studio schedule, maybe making a jaunt back to PA, and generally just putzing about in the hot weather. All of those idyllic plans grew wings and flew out the window once I realized that this is the last month to get as much work done for my thesis show as possible. The show is still three months away, but as soon as August 29 rolls around my studio time will be squished in between teaching and coursework, oh and that thesis draft too.

So, I'm in the very beginning stages of two pieces that I hope to complete for the November show. The birds are starting to pile up...

I need to make new patterns, these one have seen better days and are slowly shrinking from my pencil crushing in the edges.


The scrap pile is also growing.


I had to do some rearranging in the studio to clear off the back wall...


for this.
Instigating another fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment